ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Water Services Department is seeking a Water Resource Specialist to participate in the development, design and implementation of the Department’s water conservation programs. The Water Resource Specialist is assigned to operate specific educational, technical or regulatory programs, and/or to conduct research and statistical analysis to determine effectiveness of selected water conservation measures. This position will interact with internal Divisions, other City Departments, and external representatives. This position reports to the Conservation Coordinator, who supervises the Department’s water conservation functions.
This recruitment and any interview process as a result of this recruitment may be used by multiple hiring managers and multiple departments throughout the City to fill any related current or future vacancies; other recruitments and appropriate eligible lists may also be considered.
- Possesses knowledge of Public administration, water rights and hydrology, Arizona water policy, practices of water resources planning, and water demand management.
- Able to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
$51,771.20 – $78,769.60 annually. Candidates may be hired up to $78,769.60 depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days.
For more details, visit: Unit 007 Benefits
- Two years of professional experience in resource management or planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in resource management, hydrology, geology, geography, or a related field.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- The City job description can be found here.
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
The City of Phoenix has paused plans to implement a federal mandate requiring all city employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This decision comes after a series of legal challenges and a ruling from a federal judge which temporarily halts the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors nationwide. If the requirement is reinstated, the City of Phoenix may require new hires to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment. After a conditional offer has been extended, candidates may request a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs.
The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Master’s degree in resource management, planning, or a related field, is preferred.
- Some events may require evening or weekend work.
- Three years of professional experience in resource management or planning is preferred.
- Understanding of water resource management, water rights, and regulatory requirements of water conservation in Arizona.
- Municipal experience implementing and managing water conservation programs.
- Knowledge of current practices, techniques, and objectives of water conservation and demand management programs.
Recruitment closes February 14, 2022. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- During the current health crisis, job interviews may be held by video or audio conference.
- Please be aware that you may be required to wear a face covering or use other personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you are in need of computer resources, click here for free options.
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix.
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Water Resource Specialist, JC:51380, ID# 44051, 01/31/2022, 6 mos, JG, Benefits:007
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.