Washington Water Trust is a nonprofit working statewide to preserve and restore rivers and streams throughout Washington using market-based water
management alternatives. Join a talented, energetic team in the conservation field of river restoration.
The Investment & Partnerships Officer will be a leading member of a team that seeks to raise over $7m in gifts and grants in the next five years. Serving as a spokesperson and ambassador for WWT, s/he will be primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with a portfolio of businesses, community leaders, foundations, supporters, and volunteers who are current or prospective partners and investors in WWT’s work. S/he will cultivate these relationships and take a lead role among a team of experienced professionals to solicit their investment of time, talent, and financial support in WWT’s mission.
WWT encourages applications from qualified individuals from a range of personal and professional backgrounds. All necessary training will be provided.
1. Serve as a spokesperson and ambassador for WWT.
2. Establish and maintain relationships with a portfolio of businesses, community leaders, foundations, agencies, supporters, and volunteers who are current or prospective partners and investors in our work.
3. Initiate contacts with potential investors and donors of $10,000 and above.
4. Develop and deploy a full range of relationship management and consultative sales strategies rooted in our values and organizational culture.
5. Deliver ongoing personal reporting on all investments made.
6. Participate in planning and implementation efforts.
7. Other duties as assigned to assure successful operations and rapid program growth. Reports to: Executive Director.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced Degree; 5 years management or sales experience; significant track record of successful sales, negotiation and relationship management.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
1. Outstanding oral and written communication skills are critical. Effective and persuasive speech and writing. Ability to engage a broad range of leaders in the social sector, business, government, and philanthropy.
2. Record of outstanding academic and professional achievement.
3. Highly tuned listening skills.
4. Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
5. Confident, professional, and demonstrated passion for WWT’s mission.
6. The highest of ethical standards.
7. Optimistic, positive, and charismatic disposition.
8. Proven record of cultivating individual high net worth investors or donors strongly preferred.
Conditions: The position will be located in Seattle, Washington, with significant local and regional travel. This position primarily works in an office environment with long periods of computer use, time spent on the telephone, and in meetings. There are periods of intense concentration as well as exposure to outdoor conditions. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
Compensation & Benefits: This position offers a modest starting salary of $35-45K, but there is direct, near-term potential for rapid increase in pay and responsibility, with pay exceeding $100K after 4-5 years. WWT also offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, vacation and retirement contributions.
To Apply: To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and writing sample to:
Operations Manager, Altruist Partners (recruiter)
Please reference “Investments & Partnerships Officer” in the subject line. Applications are accepted until September 28. 2016 or until the position has been filled.
Washington Water Trust (WWT) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3)organization working to preserve and restore rivers and streams throughout Washington. WWT is an equal opportunity employer.