The Tuolumne River Trust is staffed by people who want to see the Tuolumne River and its surrounding communities thrive. We have an immediate opening for a Development Associate to manage the Trust’s online presence, implement member and community events, and support the implementation of a comprehensive fundraising plan which will increase and diversify the Trust’s base of support to protect and restore the Tuolumne River.
The Development Associate will play an important role in ensuring the success of our efforts by increasing our capacity to identify and secure funding opportunities through membership, grants, online presence, special events, and database management. This individual will work closely with the Director of Partnerships and program staff to implement and reach our fundraising goals. This is a great opportunity to join a smart, energetic team working to take this organization, and it’s a successful thirty-seven year history, to the next level. We will consider candidates for both entry- and mid-experience levels. This individual reports to the Director of Partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and implement events, including annual Fall Gala, peer-to-peer fundraiser, and other recreation events
- Oversee all social channels — create original content, monthly schedule, and analytics benchmarks
- Manage and grow the Trust’s online presence
- Develop compelling written and visual content that engages targeted audiences through print and digital media
- Assist in expansion of membership and major donor programs
- Support coordination of direct mail program, including membership renewals
- Maintain accurate and timely donor records in donor database, eTapestry
- Timely administration of donor acknowledgement letters and other membership documents
- Create and summarize fundraising reports using eTapestry, Flipcause, and Excel
- Support grant management and prospect research
- Participate in Development and Fall Gala Committee meetings
- Work closely with Director of Partnerships and program staff to understand and expertly articulate Tuolumne River Trust’s mission, vision, and priorities to members, donors, and prospects
- Other duties as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree and some experience in nonprofit development, online communications, and events management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compellingly articulate the Trust’s mission and work to different external audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Google Platform (Drive, Groups, Cal, etc)
- Experience working on email campaigns, advocacy programs, and social media
- Experience with website administration, WordPress a plus
- Commitment to the long-term success of Tuolumne River Trust and environmental conservation;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and responsible
- High energy level, flexible, self-motivated, and self-confident
- A motivated team player
- Experience in river or environmental conservation;
- Experience with eTapestry CRM and/or Flipcause Fundraising Platform;
- Experience in graphic design.
The Development Associate will be based in our San Francisco office located in the historic and centrally located Mechanics’ Institute & Library; which is steps away from Montgomery BART. The position will require occasional travel to/within the San Francisco Bay Area, Central Valley, and Sierra Nevada Foothills.
Salary & Benefits
This position is exempt/salary position. Rate will in the high $40,000 range. The Trust provides benefits including medical, vision, dental, chiropractic care, life insurance, a partially matched Simple IRA plan, career training opportunities, and generous vacation accrual. A majority of benefits become active after a probationary period.
Applications will be considered immediately. Please send an email with cover letter, resume, and a short description of your favorite tool/program you use to stay organized (max 250 words) with subject heading Development Associate to . The position will remain open until filled.