You will come straight into a lead role on one of our key projects - Leeds Flood Alleviation Scheme Natural Flood Management - and support the team on a range of other UK and international water resources and flood risk projects. You will also prepare/support the preparation of WFD assessments and EIA water chapters.
The wider team's remit is very diverse, and you will be expected to provide technical leadership on at least one of the following:
- Rainfall-runoff modelling and analysis
- Water resources modelling and analysis
- Water resources planning
- Water quality modelling and analysis
- Water company deployable output assessments, including impact of climate change
- Flood hydrology modelling and analysis
- MSC in hydrology, or related subject
- Extensive professional experience in a consultancy environment
- Highly numerate, with a keen interest in data analysis and/or programming
- Ability to produce high quality reports
- Any experience in fluvial geomorphology would be advantageous
The availability of water, in the right quantity and quality, is vital to meet the ever-growing demand for domestic, agricultural, hydropower and recreational purposes. We provide specialist hydrological and hydrogeological services to clients around the world, for applications ranging from finding new water supplies for cities or irrigated farms, to optimising the performance of water infrastructure, and understanding the impact of climate change on water availability.
If you are passionate about delivering sustainable solutions in the world of water, then our team in Leeds may have a place for you! This position can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
For more information about our water sector, click here. We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.