About Water Mission Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Since 2001, Water Mission has used innovative technology and engineering expertise to provide access to safe water for more than 3.1 million people in 52 countries. Water Mission has over 250 staff members working around the world in permanent country programs located in Africa, Asia, North, South and Central America, and the Caribbean. Notably, Charity Navigator has awarded Water Mission its top four-star rating 10 years in a row, a distinction shared by less than one percent of the charities rated by the organization. To learn more, visit watermission.org.
Working under direct supervision of the Regional Programs Director, position is responsible for applying sound engineering principals, project and program management techniques, and excellent written and verbal communications skills to manage scopes of work, schedules, and budgets of a variety of international water and sanitation projects. This role will require significant field office and client/donor interaction. Position is Charleston, SC, USA based and will require international travel to remote locations in developing countries; duration of travel is typically 2-3 week trips, two to three times per year.
- Work in a team environment to provide technical direction and assistance for technicians, volunteers, and other engineers
- Prepare written proposals and cost estimates for assigned programs and projects
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Maintain good communications with the project investor(s), i.e. in-country staff and in-country partner organizations
- Ensure that project is executed according to an agreed upon Scope of Work, Design, Schedule and Budget
- Prepare and submit agreed upon Project Status Reports
- Coordinate both local and international shipments
- Provide approval of all program and project related expenses and purchase orders
- Work with the Engineering and Development Department to implement and develop new project standards, process, and research studies
- Work with the Community Development Department to implement Health & Hygiene training, Micro-Enterprise training, Community Leadership training, and the Living Water message for projects
- Conduct field inspections and site assessments in developing countries
- Participate in disaster response activities as needed
- Work with senior leadership to develop and implement annual Operating Plans and Budget
- Prepare and make presentations to the Operations Team, Strategic Partners, donors and volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical or other Engineering field. Other degrees considered are: Construction Management, Science or Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive engineering or project management experience, 5+ years preferred
- Advanced skills with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with engineering software such as MS Project, AutoCAD, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- P.E. license preferred
Interested, qualified applicants should apply at: watermission.org/get-involved/join-our-team/careers