River Network seeks a motivated, committed and highly organized individual to join our team on a full-time basis from October 2016 through May 2017, with possibility of extension. This position has two components: 1) to coordinate and organize River Network’s signature event, River Rally, in May 2017, and 2) to support and build River Network’s learning infrastructure and distance learning opportunities, including webinars, self-paced distance learning opportunities, and online community. This position can also be divided into two separate part-time positions and candidates should indicate whether they are applying for one or both components in their cover letter.
River Rally is a national conference that focuses on education, inspiration and celebration within the river and watershed community. This position will serve as the lead coordinator for River Rally including managing logistical details of event planning including working with program staff to develop and finalize the program; working with local vendors and hotel staff; coordinating our Rally committee; and managing conference outreach and advertising to achieve registration goals. He/she will manage the registration contractor and coordinate closely with River Network IT staff on event logistical details.
In addition to River Rally, throughout the year, River Network provides a variety of learning opportunities for our members and the broader community. These include webinars, online and virtual discussions, and in-person workshops associated with our primary program areas, clean water, ample water and strong champions. This part of the position will support and build our learning infrastructure including providing logistical support for webinars and overseeing development of online communities and interactive forums specific to grant deliverables as well as updating staff in best practices for virtual training.
This person must be willing to be flexible and able to juggle several different projects simultaneously. We are looking for a team player, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and experience working on a dispersed team, who is excited about helping achieve a sustainable future where our nation’s rivers are healthy.
ABOUT RIVER NETWORK: River Network envisions a future of clean and ample water for people and nature, where local caretakers are well-equipped, effective and courageous champions for our rivers. River Network’s mission is to empower and unite people and communities to protect and restore rivers and other waters that sustain the health of our country. Visit www.rivernetwork.org to learn more or our strategic plan for current priorities. Our headquarters are in Boulder, Colorado.
- Coordinate timelines and tasks for successful production of River Rally;
- Oversee program development including working with program staff and program committee;
- Communicate with presenters about registration and presentation requirements;
- Work with local vendors including hotel, caterers and entertainment to ensure delivery of all services;
- Oversee Rally contractors including registration contractor;
- Develop and disseminate promotional materials for River Rally in collaboration with marketing staff.
- Coordinate with fundraising team on Rally sponsorship;
- Work with leadership team on awards banquet and programming;
- Support program staff to develop and execute high quality webinars and manage logistics of webinar registration, evaluation and promotion;
- Oversee development of online communities and interactive forums specific to grant deliverables and in alignment with organizational priorities;
- Recommend updates to River Network’s virtual training systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in a field related to environmental studies, event planning and management, or education, with 1-3 years professional working experience.
- Proven experience with event planning and management and/or developing and supporting outreach and learning activities.
- Excellent writing, oral communication skills, interpersonal savvy, organization and technological abilities (e.g., Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as adobe, mail chimp and sales force, etc.), including social media.
- Positive, self-motivated, and quick learner with an upbeat attitude, entrepreneurial spirit, and drive to succeed with a wide range of stakeholders, partners, staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, defining and tracking deadlines, progress, and contributions of others and staying on track and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to values of mutual respect and collaboration, team work, and diversity.
- Ability to excel on a decentralized and virtual team.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume as one integrated document to Nicole Silk ([email protected]) with “LEARNING POSITION” in the subject line of the email or apply by mail by sending your materials to River Network, c/o Nicole Silk, P.O. Box 21387, Boulder, CO 80308. All applications must be submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 23, 2016. Expected hire date: October 1, 2016. Applicants granted an interview will be asked to provide work samples and references. No phone calls please.
 This position can be one full time position (40 hours / week) or two positions that are each part time (approximately 20 hours per week). Please indicate your preference in the letter of application. If one full time position, this would be an exempt position entitled to benefits. River Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.