Australia nationals: Natural Environment Program Officer
• Play a role in the delivery of land and natural resource management for Victorians
• Support the delivery of place based environmental projects and programs
• Located in Geelong, Barwon South West The Natural Environment Program Officer will support delivery of high quality biodiversity and water services for the Natural Environment Programs Branch.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Are you interested about the natural environment including biodiversity and water related projects?
- Are you good at problem solving with stakeholders?
This role supports the delivery of place based environmental and water projects, provides input into the development of policy and strategy and supports monitoring and review processes. You will be required to work with the relevant teams to ensure the consistent, integrated and efficient delivery of natural environment programs and services across the Forest, Fire and Regions Group.
The role will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the program which includes priorities related to place-based projects, biodiversity programs and water projects. As the successful candidate, you are a natural at building strong partnerships – you do this by building cooperation with all stakeholders - internal and external within the Region.
To be successful in this role you must be able to provide strong communication and attention to detail across the program with a demonstrated ability to put the Community at the center of everything you do. A relevant qualification in environmental science /natural resource management is strongly desired.
This is a fixed-term position available until 30 June 2019.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the key selection criteria and any job requirements specified in the position description.
Applications close at midnight Monday, 21 January 2019.