The Okanagan Nation Alliance (ONA) is the Tribal Council for the Syilx Okanagan Nation. The ONA’s mandate is to advance,
assert, support and preserve the Syilx Okanagan Nation title and rights. Further, the ONA is charged with providing members with a forum to discuss and form positions of common concern.
The ONA is currently seeking to employ a Biologist 2 for their Hatchery, and you will undertake duties associated with the
Okanagan Nation Alliance’s Hatchery Program. The successful applicant should be comfortable working in a fast-paced,
dynamic results based environment and have excellent problem solving, communication, supervision, time management, and
safety management skills. This position reports to the Biologist 3 – Hatchery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities attached to this position are:
- Providing support and assistance to the Biologist 3 – Hatchery with day to day hatchery operations, contract and project management.
To identify requirements of the species, select and oversee preparation of the site for species cultivation, monitoring of
the environment for optimum conditions, stock examination, operation of cultivating and harvesting equipment.
- Supervision and training of hatchery technicians and biologists is an important job function and in absence of the Biologist 3 – Hatchery manages the facility.
- Development of proposals for funding and cost recovery arrangements for approval.
- Assists with drafting of annual budget, prepares internal reports, provides technical updates, works in team fashion
within own and other departments to contribute and support strategic objectives.
- Attends and participates in relevant work related meetings as assigned