The Okanagan Nation Alliance (ONA) is the Tribal Council for the Syilx Okanagan Nation. The ONA’s mandate is to advance,
assert, support and preserve the Syilx Okanagan Nation title and rights. Further, the ONA is charged with providing members with a forum to discuss and form positions of common concern.
The ONA is currently seeking to employ a Hydrologist 3 within their fisheries department. The successful applicant should be
comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic results based environment and have excellent problem solving, communication,
supervision, time management, and safety management skills. This position reports to a senior Fisheries Biologist.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities attached to this position are:
Lead and oversee multiple hydrometric projects and contracts using sound scientific principles in a safe manner.
- Complete project management activities including financial, administrative, and human resources functions.
- Lead hydrometric data collection, conduct quality control/quality assurance and processing and analysis of hydrometric
- Preparation of scientific reports.
- Development of proposals for funding and cost recovery arrangements.
- Participation in scientific, departmental, interdepartmental, committees and working groups, to promote the health of
- Training and mentoring of junior staff and capacity building.
- Completion of assigned projects with incorporation of traditional ecological knowledge into assessments and reports.