Eagle River Watershed Council (ERWC) is seeking a highly-skilled executive director to help us meet our mission and vision as we continue to expand our reach. Reporting to the board of directors, the executive director oversees the strategic and operational efficiency of our programs and staff. ERWC has multiple exciting projects on the horizon and the executive director will be tasked with navigating the board and staff through them. This seasoned leader not only understands watershed protection but has experience developing and implementing a fundraising plan. Experience managing and hiring staff is essential- the perfect candidate will recognize staff as our greatest asset and will treat them as such. Established relationships with local community groups are a plus. Comfort in building relationships with funders (individuals, business and government) is required. Poise in speaking during impromptu and planned public speaking opportunities to all audience sizes are critical. They are comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and decisiveness. Above all, the executive director is driven by our mission and keeps the board, staff and programs focused on it as well.
Specific Skills Desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in nonprofit management, natural resources, business, political science/public policy, communications or similar relevant curriculums. Plus 10 years of professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High preference for a candidate demonstrating a high level of knowledge of the unique challenges of the Eagle River watershed, Colorado River basin and the Eagle County Community.
- Strong public relations, marketing, and fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles related to nonprofits.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Proven success working with a board of directors.
- Experience managing staff. The perfect candidate will be comfortable offering autonomy and creating space for staff to generate and implement ideas.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with an innovative approach to business planning.
- Dynamic and charismatic team player who enjoys being the public face of an organization.
- Advocacy, campaign and endowment fundraising experience, a plus.
Details: Full-time position. Typical business hours with some evening/weekend events. Flexibility is available. Salary of $80,000-110,000, dependent on experience. Competitive benefits include 401k; health insurance; 10 paid vacation days to start; 12 paid holidays; paid sick leave; wellness (ski pass, health club, etc) reimbursement; professional development; sabbatical policy.
Full job description available at www.erwc.org/employment/
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]