WASH Fund Management & Procurement
Based in Mozambique
The Government of Mozambique is currently implementing a national Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH) Programme with funding and support from the Department of International Development (DFID) through a £38.5 million programme of ‘Transforming Rural WASH in Mozambique’.
SNV is looking to identify an experienced manager to lead implementation of an anticipated 3 year £23m contract to manage funding to Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH) suppliers and sub-contractors, support procurement capacity development in provincial government, and to monitor and assess progress of ongoing works with government counterparts.
Detailed scope of project activities includes:
- Review procurement plans outlining tender activity at central and provincial level. Procurement plans will detail procurement processes to be followed, timelines and include all anticipated costs and budgets for each tender.
- Plan and manage the flow of funds to appointed sub-contractors and suppliers, assess pre-financing requirements, and ensure process is followed and relevant approvals, bank guarantees and supporting documents are in place.
- Provide capacity development support in the provinces where contracts are awarded and tenders issued. Targeted support will primarily focus on strengthening capacity in project/process management, procurement, evaluation and contracting.
- Assess submitted documentation and evidence from sub-contractors and suppliers to trigger payments, and select specific contracts for field visits (audits) to verify that works activities have been carried out satisfactorily prior to payment.
- Master’s Degree related to public policy/finance/governance or related;
- Experience in engaging with government agencies or departments at national level, and in facilitating planning processes and stakeholder engagement;
- Strong project management skills, with a focus on overall management and control, and budget management including forecasting;
- Experience (or exposure to) public procurement processes including procurement policy and planning, and in establishing processes and controls;
- Prior experience in Sub Saharan Africa countries is preferred;
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
Contract Type: International
Contract Duration: 3 years with possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Depending on donor approval
Working at SNV: SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.snvworld.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation via the APPLY LINK above before 25 September 2016.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted