Professor in Water Research
Posting Number F00130P
Position Title Professor in Water Research
Department Vice President for Research
Job Family Faculty
Position Status Full-time
Open to External and Internal
Duration Funding expected to continue
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) invites applications for a tenured full professor in water research, which is a research field of growing importance in Texas, the nation, and the world. UTA has made significant investments in faculty hiring and research infrastructure in this field and we are looking to bring in a leader that can help UTA aggressively grow our research portfolio in across a range of water resource management and environmental issues. The position will be appointed or jointly appointed to the department(s) best aligned with the successful candidate’s background and interests. We seek a faculty member with outstanding qualifications who shares the University’s core values of high standards of excellence in innovative and collaborative research, combined with fostering an open and inclusive environment that promotes participation of underrepresented groups in research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include building and leading a team of Ph.D. researchers and post docs, developing externally funded research programs that yield top-tier publications, and developing research partnerships nationally and internationally. The successful candidate must have demonstrated internationally recognized research programs in areas including, but not limited to, water systems, water management policy and technology, environmental, sustainability and remediation, water civil infrastructure. This individual is expected to lead the university’s effort to establish a research cluster at the intersection of global environmental impact and data-driven discovery.
Applicants must have earned a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degree in biology, biochemistry, or an applicable engineering or health science field. The candidate must also have a demonstrated record of accomplishment in leading research with significant funding, building research partnerships, and scholarly accomplishments commensurate with the rank of Full Professor with tenure.
The ideal candidate would have the following professional and personal characteristics:
- Experience with building and leading large, successful research teams;
- Documented history of strong and consistent research funding;
- Established national and international research partnerships;
- Awards that establish national/international recognition;
- Integrity in all aspects of personal, institutional and community involvement;
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written, as well as interaction with the media;
- History of building research partnerships with other academic institutions, companies, foundations, and local and regional governments and boards, and other external stakeholders.