Global Environmental Water Program Manager
Req. ID: 126056
Micron is committed to environmental and safety excellence as we strive to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. As the Global Environmental Water Program Manager, you will be responsible for the successful development and implementation of key strategic initiatives and practices targeted at improving water use efficiency and compliance for Micron Technology, Inc., operations globally. The successful candidate will provide leadership, direction, education, and overall strategic management of the company’s environmental management system and initiatives related to water. The Global Environmental Water Program Manager will provide technical regulatory guidance/advice to the sites, staff, and senior management on water policy and regulatory development matters related to the semiconductor industry.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership, direction, and education of key strategic initiatives targeted at improving water use efficiency and compliance
- Research, review, and analyze water-related policy and perform regulatory applicability evaluations
- Implement management system criteria into water programs across the Micron network
- Perform environmental compliance audits and support implementation of follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with country, state and local regulations
- Resolve complex compliance matters, including use of required data and management systems
- Calculate and consolidate water use and wastewater generation data across the Micron network according to scientific and regulatory standards
- Manage collection and verification of water-related GRI Indicators for inclusion in Micron’s CSR
- Assure accuracy of reports and permits for compliance with country, state, and local regulations
- Perform technical and economic feasibility studies for pollution control equipment and processes
- Lead implementation and best practice sharing of water reduction, optimization of reuse/recycle, minimization of the volume and/or toxicity of generated wastewater, and ensure accuracy of data
- Extensive experience with permitting and compliance for water-related regulations and policy, emissions reporting, and assessments including, data analysis and chemical mass balance
- Strong technical expertise in the area of environmental compliance and sustainable operations, in multi-national corporations
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably work across organizational boundaries and geographies
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional organizations to understand needs and translate them into actionable plans, deliverables, and resource requirements
- Ability to be guided by business objectives and determine best methods for delivering results
- Demonstrated proficiency in independently completing complex tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with fluency in English
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven facilitation skills including the ability to influence others
Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering, chemistry, or other relevant technical degree related to the management of environmental and water.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience including demonstrated experience with permitting and compliance for water-related regulations and policy, emissions reporting, and assessments including, data analysis and chemical mass balance
- Semiconductor experience
- The ability to read and develop a solid understanding and interpretation of regulations is required
- Ability to develop global programs and deploy to a multi-cultural audience
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proficiency in technical writing
- Strong team player skills
Location: F10, 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).