Somalia nationals: Public Private Partnership in Urban Water Supply
How can you make a difference?
- Project preparation and design: The consultant should review the project documents related to the specific town water supply system and draw the summary of the implementation modality and compare it among the study towns.
- Relevance: This study area should focus more on the functionality of the operation and management system, response to demand of the service receivers as well as self-sustainability of the PPP companies on the ground.
- Efficiency: In relation to the service delivery, willingness to pay, respond to minimum time to repair (MTR), contribution to community development, staff capacities and so on.
- Effectiveness: Quality and quantity of output, impact on community, achievements of PPP model, self-reliability, water tariff structure etc.
- Capacity Assessment of the Government and private companies: This component should focus on existing capacity and capacity need assessment on management, technical and financial domain of the local government and PPP companies.
- Economic and financial analysis: This component should focus on the comparative analysis of economic and financial status of all the study towns and present the strengths and weaknesses related to the study. This should not only be limited to income and expenditures analysis.
- Factors affecting sustainability and replicability: This component should explore the sustainability of PPP companies towards the service delivery. Availability of government policy and legislation for the conducive business environment. Moreover, the study should recommend on possible replicability of the model in country under prescribed circumstances.
- Impact, in particular the impact on children & women: This should focus on the overall impact of the project to the beneficiaries.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Engineering, Social or Business domain
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in financial analysis
- A specialist in issues of sustainable development, with strong understanding of institutional and policy themes and the building of personal and institutional capacity. A water specialist with experience in both rural and urban water supply, preferably in Horn of Africa.
- Should preferably have Experience in planning and managing projects, including but not restricted to budget management
- Experience in the evaluation of projects
- Strong and proven facilitation skills to ensure participation in the evaluation process
- Experience in issues of water and sanitation, with a sound understanding of private sector participation and social aspects (in particular human rights aspects) of water and sanitation in Somalia.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
All interested candidates must submit their applications on-line. The candidates' application should include:
- A motivation letter
- A detailed CV
- Daily rate