Cambodia nationals: National Environment and Climate Change Specialist
Working closely with PMU, the PMU environmental management officer, the international and national safeguard specialist under CS5: Feasibility
and Detailed Engineering Design consultant team, and other relevant personnel and agencies,the consultant will assist in all aspects of the implementation of EARF and subproject on IEEs.
The consultant will:
(i) Ensure that the steps in EARF covering environmental screening and impact
assessment are followed by PMUs and the CS5: Feasibility Study and Detailed
Engineering Design consultants;
(ii) Deliver training in (a) EARF procedures for screening, and assessing
environmental impact (IEEs); and (ii) record-keeping and reporting;
(iii) Assist the PMU to establish and publicize the GRM for subprojects investments, ensuring that the GRM publicity is appropriate to the scale and complexity of the
subproject and includes, as a minimum, the disclosure of all contact persons for
(iv) Assist PMU to prepare quarterly (during construction) and semi-annual project
monitoring progress reports (otherwise) for submission to ADB;
(v) Conduct surveys, feasibility studies, and prepare proposals on adaptation;
(vi) Document local knowledge and best practices in mainstreaming and
implementing climate change adaptation and DRR at the commune level;
(vii) Assist in developing guidelines on integrating climate change adaptation into
commune development plans and investment programs; and
(viii) Organize capacity building events for relevant stakeholders at the provincial,
district and commune levels.
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in environment, climate change, agriculture, rural development or in a related discipline
Professional experience required
- 6 years of experience in implementing climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction (DRR) projects.
- 10 years of experience in environmental management, monitoring, and/or impact assessment.
- Familiarity with ADB safeguard requirements and national environmental management procedures;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with local communities, contractors, and government agencies; (v) ability to analyse data and prepare technical reports;
- Willingness and health to regularly visit the sub project sites;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
50 person-months, intermittently