Title: Administrative Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director
Location: Seattle, Washington
Position Category: Full-time
Washington Water Trust, a nonprofit leader in river and stream flow restoration throughout Washington, seeks an experienced professional to join our talented team as an Administrative Associate in the Seattle office. This full-time position carries out Washington Water Trust core workplace services
including support to the executive director, general office management, bookkeeping, contracts/grant management and website administration.
The Administrative Manager works out of the Seattle office with other team members to create a vibrant, efficient and effective workplace, based on mutual respect and clear communication.
- Collaborates closely with executive director; manages general office operations–reception, phones, mail, bookkeeping, meeting arrangements, travel and vendor relationships
- Provides administrative support to executive director and assists with board meetings
- Prepares invoices, payroll documentation, and financial reports for internal use; maintains financial records and coordinates with organization’s accountant
- Maintains website, develops updates for associated fact sheets, newsletters and stories
- Provides administrative support to the Dungeness Water Exchange
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of the fundraising database
- Performs research as directed for grant development
- Prepares general grant inquiries by telephone, letter, and email
- Supports grant applications development, preparation of materials for final submission
- Develops grant calendar, documents, tracks and communicates funding proposal deadlines
- Communicates effectively with staff to maintain funding documentation requirements
- Coordinates IT efforts to ensure water trust systems are highly functioning, reliable and accessible
Skills and Experience
Washington Water Trust deeply values relationships, particularly those with our partners and the nonprofit sector. As the Administrative Associate is frequently the first line of contact with these allies, this position requires a demeanor of patience, grace and respect, as well as the ability to maintain strict confidentiality. The Administrative Associate works closely with the executive director to ensure a smoothly operating, dynamic workplace and may take on administrative projects as needed. The Administrative Associate is part of a team of professionals working together to meet the water trust’s mission. This position works closely with the water trust’s staff. To perform this job requires a focus on detail, an ability to master technology and to train others in its use, and an ability to work with program staff to ensure that our program work is conducted accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work closely and effectively in a collaborative team, as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent proofreading and technical documentation skills
- Flexibility with working hours at occasional peak or urgent workload periods and event related activities
- Experience with fundraising and grant development is desirable, as is training in records and database management
- Demonstrated analytical and project planning skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field desirable.
- Three+ years of related experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and project planning skills.
- Very high attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and manage urgent matters in a timely manner under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge and skills of computers and related business software applications.
- Strong proficiency in using all programs within Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks. Competency with InDesign, PhotoShop, GIS and SalesForce a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team, and independently.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Flexibility with working hours at occasional peak or urgent workload periods.
- Experience with fundraising and grant development desirable, as is training in records and database management
Salary and Benefits
Full-time position based in Seattle.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include paid time off, healthcare and dental, and retirement contribution.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
1530 Westlake Ave N, Ste 400
Seattle, WA 98109
or email [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until September 28, 2016 or until filled.
Washington Water Trust (WWT) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3)organization working to preserve and restore rivers and streams throughout Washington. WWT is an equal opportunity employer.