The Third Greater Mekong Subregion Corridor Towns Development Project focuses on increasing the economic activities in the East West Economic Corridor (EWEC) through improvement of urban services in the three cities Mawlamyine, Hpa-An and Myawaddy, Myanmar. The three expected output of the project are covering aspects of urban development planning including an aspect of industrial zone planning, urban management improvements, upgrading and construction of social infrastructure to improve water supply and solid waste management, and institutional capacity building at governmental level.
The hydraulic engineer will be responsible for all activities related to the hydraulic aspects of the project works, including hydraulic analysis of the transmission and various hydraulic calculations. Hereunder for an example: (i) identify requirements of surveys and studies, and prepare a description including detailed survey works, timeframe, survey equipment, and material testing; (ii) carry out engineering surveys on hydrological conditions, conditions of existing facilities, and water and wastewater quality; (iii) evaluate site information and determine modifications to the preliminary design;
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
Master Degree in hydraulic/water engineering or a related discipline from an internationally recognized university.
Professional experience required
- 10 years of professional experience in urban infrastructure projects.
- Extensive experience in designing, planning and managing hydraulic structures;
- including supply systems, cost estimation, preparation of bill of quantities and bidding documents.
- Previous experience working on water and solid waste projects in Southeast Asia financed by ADB is preferred.
- Working experience and knowledge from Myanmar is a strong advantage.
8 man months over a 7 year project duration (2019-2026)
Deadline For Applications