Senior Research Fellow
The aim of the Fellowship is to further the Fellow's education and career development through participation in the Institute's programs and activities, including: Research on topics relevant to water law and policy; preparation of reports and white papers; coordination and interaction with contractors and colleagues outside of the Law School in furtherance of the Institute's programs; supervision of research assistants; development of at least one topical presentation for the Tulane Law School community; and other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interest in the legal and policy dimensions of water management and stewardship.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated capacity for working with people from varied backgrounds and persuasions in dynamic situations.
- Ability to travel for occasional out of town meetings, conferences, or symposia.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write and speak clearly and concisely.
- Strong legal research, analysis and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and prioritize work assignments;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed
Required Education and/or Experience
- JD or LLM within the last two years prior to the date of hire.
- Actual experience in the water resources field.
- Bi-lingual speaking and writing skills
- Class ranking - Top 30%
This position will close on 01/31/2019
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.