About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
We support our clients at every stage of the project lifecycle, from creating a 25-year strategic vision, to innovation, asset management, design and operation. Our solutions respond closely to regulators’ and other stakeholders’ objectives. We offer Future Ready services across all water sectors, including water resources, water supply, catchment management, asset planning, capital design, urban drainage, flood risk management, flood defence, river engineering, energy efficiency, environmental protection, coastal engineering, and heat and energy from sludge.
Our roles include:
- Asset condition and performance assessment – good operational efficiency depends on having reliable and complete information
- Network and operational modelling to establish how assets function under current and future conditions – helping to identify risks of failure, excessive costs, service deficits and the like
- Data management and tools – preparation of systems to collect, clean and undertake risk assessment of basic data and derived information on which decisions are made
- Investment planning – based on risks and benefits and service outcomes
- Design services – pre-feasibility, feasibility and detailed design for water utilities, flood management agencies and local authorities
- Visualisation and presentation – for clients to successfully engage with and persuade stakeholders and regulators of the need to invest in new work and rehabilitation, it is essential to be able to present risks and options in a way that is easy for non-technical actors to understand
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.