ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams are guided by 4 core values:
- Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us.
- Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact on the communities and the people with whom we engage.
- Enterprising-spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges.
- Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions, and advocacy
The Project water provision, will operate as a part of WASH team to support and follow up the water supply, water quality (chlorination process) and other basic WASH services activities related to the water supply and monitoring of dislodging and garbage collection services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor water trucking and basic WASH activities related to the water in the camps by using the Logbook of the water trucking.
- Monitor and assess in managing the water distributed by the water networks in the camps.
- Ensure that all predestined water trucking and other basic WASH services trips are delivered on time and to the required location
- Ensure that water trucks drivers are delivering water to the agreed location.
- Ensure that water trucks are full and deliver the required amount of water in each trip.
- Conduct water chlorination for water trucks at the water source, and make sure that the chlorinated water had waited for a sufficient contact time before the water is distributed, according to his/her direct line manager instructions
- Conduct random FRC tests and communicate results with the chlorinators
- Make sure that all tests results are recorded properly and sent in time to the supervisor.
- Follow up the desludging and garbage services in camps.
- Monitoring for dislodging and garbage collection services
- Sending the monthly tracking sheets and required reports on time.
- Work outside duty hours in an emergency maintenance situation.
- Any other tasks related to work when required by the line manager.
Key Performance Indicators
Example, the key performance indicator (KPI) is a measurable value that demonstrates how effectively a company is achieving key business objectives. Organizations use KPIs to evaluate their success at reaching targets
- # of reports submitted in a timely manner Monthly services reports;
- The applicant must be a resident of Qah area.
- Have previous experience in the field of following up water and sanitation services
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
- Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- physically fit for this work.
- Completely able to work and not engaged with any other jobs.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form at this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
“ACTED applies a strict “hiring no first and second-degree relatives” policy. All applicants have to declare any relatives when applying, failure to do so will automatically result in a rejection of his/her candidacy.““تطبق منظمة اكتد سياسة صارمة بشأن عدم توظيف أقارب من الدرجة الأولى والثانية. يجب على جميع المتقدمين لوظائف اكتد الافصاح و الاعلان عن أي صلة قرابة عند التقديم ، وسيؤدي عدم القيام بذلك تلقائيًا إلى رفض طلب الترشيح للوظيفةا.”*
وسيؤدي عدم القيام بذلك تلقائيًا إلى رفض طلب الترشيح للوظيفةا.”*