Principal Groundwater Modeller
About the opportunity
Our Buildings & Infrastructure line of business has access to 10,000 professionals across the globe. Our team of engineers, designers and planners work to deliver projects in Transport Planning, Roads, Rail, Bridges, Project Management, Security Services, Building Structures & Services and Asset Management Planning.
As global supply and demand for water increases, Jacobs delivers projects across the entire water cycle to solve our clients’ most complex water challenges with exceptional service and integrated, sustainable solutions. Market priorities range from global urbanisation, aging/failing infrastructure, safety & reliability of drinking water, climate change and resiliency to regulatory pressure.
With a strong pipeline of work in Queensland, we are looking for a Principal Groundwater Modeller to join our Water Resources team based in South Brisbane. Partnering with the Section Leader and other technical leads in Jacobs, working to provide guidance to our hydrogeology team members and engage with the groundwater modelling community across the national and global Jacobs business.
The purpose of this role is to proactively source opportunities, win work, deliver hydrogeological and water resource consulting that meet client needs and enhance our ability to win future work; collaborative with other disciplines; manage, write and contribute to winning proposals; and win and manage complex projects across multiple markets, including Oil and Gas, Mining and Infrastructure.
This role will act as the technical specialist and project manager, applying hydrogeological expertise, particularly in groundwater modelling, to projects and build internal capability through mentoring junior team members. You will exercise technical judgement or knowledge to resolve problems and interpret, scope, design and present technical solutions.
On a day to day basis, you will scope and plan small to large complex projects/assignment including budget development along with writing, contributing and preparing technical reports and proposals. You will also review reports and designs of others, ensuring the work meets quality standards, procedures as well code of practice.
Operational tasks include:
- Direct groundwater investigations
- Undertake groundwater investigations including analysis and modelling of data, and preparation of reports
- Mentor junior staff and connect with national and global groundwater modellers within the business
- Complete assigned tasks to agreed budget, programme and quality standards
- Organise fieldwork components including management of subcontractors and preparation of health and safety plans
- Contribute to Jacobs growth and increased profile within the hydrogeology community
- Write and win proposals for groundwater investigations and project manage/undertake investigations to budget, programme, and required quality standards
You will be the technical ‘go to’ person for groundwater modelling, concepts, principles and processes, with the capability to undertake business development and account management. We want a team player who is client focused.
Key requirements for the role:
- Proven work experience in water resources and hydrogeology
- Analytical capabilities and proficiency in numerical and/or analytical software packages
- Demonstrable field experience (e.g. Drilling, monitoring and hydraulic testing) and be willing to travel within Australia
- Ability to manage projects with strong technical reporting skills
- Ability to communicate complex scientific concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- A background in CSG, mining and /or major infrastructure will be highly valued, however, not a requirement
- Minimum Graduate degree in Water Resources / Hydrogeology / Geology or related discipline. Relevant Post Graduate education will be highly valued
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a mature approach to client relationships, business development and account management
- Strong collaborator taking responsibility to mentor less senior staff whilst learning and developing alongside more senior staff
- Demonstrated client engagement experience
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below. #LI-DO1
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.