Project Officer (Conservation Programme)
IUCN Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (ECARO) is seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic candidate to join the IUCN ECARO team. The successful candidate will work under supervision of the IUCN ECARO Senior Conservation Programme Officer and in close cooperation with the IUCN ECARO Director and will be responsible for implementation of the regional programme and management of projects related to protected and conserved areas in Eastern Europe, North and Central Asia.
• Support implementation of the IUCN Programme in Eastern Europe, North and Central Asia with specific emphasis on the Valuing and Conserving Nature Programme Area
• Contribute to IUCN ECARO’s conservation programme through planning, development and implementation of projects
• Assist in identification of programme priorities and project development opportunities
• Actively build and maintain relationship with donors, partners and expert networks
• Coordinate and manage projects under the IUCN ECARO Valuing and Conserving Nature Programme Area, with a particular focus on protected area designation, management, and socio-economic benefits
• Ensure high quality project planning and reporting, including preparing and monitoring work plans, budgets, and technical reports
• Prepare partnership and service contracts under projects while ensuring that all donor-related and IUCN administrative requirements are met
• Oversee timely and quality delivery of projects outputs and outcomes and ensure the long-term impact of project activities
• Assist in developing project proposals and identifying funding opportunities relative to protected and conserved areas in Eastern Europe, North and Central Asia
• Collaborate with relevant staff on project-related communications including writing, editing and helping with web stories, fact sheets, publications and other knowledge and communications material
• Represent IUCN ECARO at events and meetings relevant for the programme area and project portfolio
• Support IUCN ECARO day-to-day operations, including logistical services and organization of meetings and events
The gross annual salary for this position is 28.800 EUR subject to deductions for social security contributions and health insurance, and before tax.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in environmental sciences
• At least 5 years of experience in a relevant position
• Experience in the management of technical programmes and projects, including all phases of the project management cycle
• Proven knowledge of and experience with IUCN global standards on protected and conserved areas
• Experience in relevant global and regional nature conservation and environmental policies
• Proven leadership skills, ability to work under pressure and within multi-national environment and different cultures
• Ability to manage institutional relationships and support multi-stakeholder initiatives
• Excellent command of written and spoken English is essential. Knowledge of other languages spoken in the Eastern Europe, North and Central Asia region is an asset
• Ability to cope with varied workload and flexible working hours
• Willingness to travel within the region, sometimes at short notice
• Full computer literacy
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/