Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals. On the Cadmus team, you’ll collaborate with leading experts to help our clients across the globe.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Cadmus Group LLC seeks a highly motivated individual with 2-4 years of experience with geospatial mapping and analysis, data management, and the development of tools to support contracts with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and other government clients in the areas of surface water and drinking water management and climate resilience.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, performing geospatial analysis using ArcGIS software, data compilation and cleaning, data visualization, and researching and developing new technical approaches based on client requirements. Example projects may include developing and maintaining tools for watershed restoration and protection or water utility climate adaptation; or analyzing and reporting on surface water quality, watershed conditions, or drinking water quality.
Successful candidates will have a professional demeanor and will have distinguished themselves with academic and professional excellence and a clearly demonstrated work ethic. They should be highly motivated to perform and learn, detail oriented, able to work collaboratively and independently, and able to manage assigned tasks and projects from start to finish with input from supervisors. Candidates should also possess exceptional research, oral and written communication, and analytical skills. Cadmus emphasizes working effectively in a team environment with a commitment to the highest standards of excellence.
- Complete analysis of raster and vector geospatial data using ArcGIS software and the Python programming language.
- Implement methods to clean, analyze, and store data using R.
- Research and evaluate national, state, and local data sets for inclusion in water sector projects.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of tools for viewing and analyzing water and climate related data, including developing ArcGIS Online products.
- Develop metadata and appropriate data analysis documentation including methodologies.
- Provide quality control support when developing client deliverables.
- Provide strategic thinking in support of client initiatives.
- BS/BA with coursework in environmental science, water resources, environmental policy, geography, GIS, climate change, ecology, or other relevant area.
- 2-4 years of professional experience with similar responsibilities, or MS in a relevant area and at least 1 year of experience.
- At least 2 years of experience using ArcGIS Desktop or ArcPro software.
- Experience using large environmental data sets and geospatial data layers, such as climate, land use, demographic, ecological, hydrologic, or water sampling data.
- Data analysis programming using R and Python and associated libraries.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to apply quality control practices.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
- Strong familiarity with using ArcGIS Online to develop interactive web-based maps.
- Classwork or professional experience with federal or state Clean Water Act Programs.
- Familiarity with database architecture and one or more database platforms (e.g., Oracle or SQL Server).
Additional Information: To be considered, please submit the following materials:
- A one-page cover letter describing your qualifications, interests, and career objectives. The cover letter should clearly address your experience and interest
- A resume that includes complete educational and professional experience
- A brief writing sample or excerpt (1-5 pages)
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com