Earth Force is looking for a Program Manager located in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed who recognizes the importance of civic skills and youth voice as essential elements of developing an environmentally aware and civically engaged person. Remote work w/ 20% travel.
Key responsibilities include supporting, training, and recruiting educators; managing youth action challenges; and connecting community partners to student action proposals. Professional development experience desired.
The Program Manager is a leader who recognizes the importance of civic skills and youth voice as essential elements of developing an environmentally aware and civically engaged person.
This position is responsible for:
- Conducting educator training and ongoing professional support;
- Recruiting educators to participate in Earth Force programs;
- Identifying and connecting educators with experts and content resources on environmental topics to support the implementation of the program;
- Supporting and expanding existing relationships with schools, institutions, program partners, and organizations that conduct or provide expertise to Earth Force programs;
- Managing Earth Force Challenges including:
- Promoting Caring For our Watersheds (CFW) to educators throughout the Chesapeake Bay Watershed;
- Serving as the primary contact for sponsor (Nutrien) concerning the CFW effort;
- Supporting students/educators as they develop proposals to submit to CFW;
- Representing Earth Force on the Student Environmental Action Showcase planning committee;
- Securing judges and managing the judging process for CFW;
- Reaching out to organizations across the Chesapeake Bay Watershed to solicit their participation in CFW; and
- Managing the CFW database.
- Supporting special events through planning, facilitation, and resource development; and
- Other duties as needed.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account plan, unlimited PTO and 401(k) plan. PLEASE NOTE that this is a remote position, but the applicant should be based within the Chesapeake Bay Watershed.
How to Apply
To apply send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE that this is a remote position, but the applicant should be based within the Chesapeake Bay Watershed.