|Location:||State Capital Assam ( Guwahati) Bihar (Patna) M.P (Bhopal)||Band/Grade:||Middle Management|
|Last updated on:||16 March 2021|
|Degree of travel required:||Low to Medium|
Purpose of Job
|State Head – TSU will steer Piramal Foundation’s Technical Support Unit (TSU) in partner states and be the primary point of interface with the government department (Public Health Engineering/ Rural Water Supply/ Drinking Water & Sanitation Department). You will be working with a vibrant team of TSU Managers to facilitate the state government in meeting the objectives of the Jal Jeevan Mission.|
|Bureaucrats (State level)Piramal FoundationOther strategic partners||Program Implementation TeamState level Technical Support Unit|
|Role directly reports to||Positions that report into this role|
|National Lead – JJM||Manager – TSU|
|Essential Qualifications||Graduate/ Post-graduates (B.Tech., M.Tech., MBA) will be preferred; others may apply|
|Essential Experience||10-12 years (preferably in social development/ government consultancy sector)|
|About you||Experience of working with government departments at state/national level on rural water programs with a thorough understanding of PRIsDemonstrated knowledge of and experience in rural water supply programs (preferred)Ability to manage multiple roles such as timely project delivery and stakeholder relationship managementStrong core consulting skills, including problem scoping, framing and communicating complex ideas, team coaching & development, thinking strategicallyStrong qualitative and quantitative research skillsUpdated on development issues, social policies and can liaise with various departments, institutions, NGOs and experts.Excellent communication and persuasion skillsExcellent written and spoken English and Hindi are requiredFlexible and open to relocate if required|
|Personal Attributes:||Curious and creative, open for new things & able to propose innovative ideasIndependent and autonomous judgmentTeam player, open, pleasure to work with and positive in a group dynamicDriven, hard-working, entrepreneurial, proactive and productiveHumble and comfortable in varying social and professional settingsHighest ethical standards|
|Knowledge||Expertise – we strive for a deeper understanding of CSR domainInnovation – we aspire to do things creatively|
|Action||Entrepreneurship – we are empowered to act decisively and create valueIntegrity – we are consistent in our thoughts, speech and action|
|Care||Trusteeship – we protect the interests of our customers, community, employees, partners and shareholdersHumility – we aspire to be the best, yet strive to be humble|
|Impact||Performance – We strive to achieve market leadership in scale and profitability, wherever we compete.Resilience – We aspire to build businesses that anticipate, adapt and endure for generations.|
Key Roles/Responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include –
- Build and nurture relationships with key government officials within PHED/ RWS department and other WASH organizations in the state.
- Conduct periodic reviews with Engineer-in-Chief’s office to ensure satisfaction with quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Manage the project scope and maintain an acceptable pace of work.
- Continuously review program plans and goals and help the team to collectively contribute its best.
Engagement Strategy & Planning
- Conduct an as-is analysis to determine the state’s preparedness for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Translate client requirements into specific methodological approaches and tasks for team members and deliver high quality outputs.
- Delineate TSU’s annual action plan for program implementation in consultation with key stakeholders at state level.
- Provide guidance and expertise on
- Institutional Development: Support the department in establishing an appropriate institutional framework as recommended in the scheme guidelines.
- Scheme planning & roll-out: Facilitate district-wise planning of scheme execution including identification of techno-economically viable scheme design and preparation of model DPRs and Tenders.
- Operations & Maintenance: Draft standard O&M plan for rural piped water supply schemes including establishing SLAs for service provision by contractors.
- Community engagement: Establish protocols for establishing Pani Samitis, conducting IEC drives and ensuring PRI involvement through participatory planning process.
- Capacity building: Provide leadership in development of manuals/ advisories and conducting relevant capacity building sessions at state/ district/ block level.
- and other pertinent thematic areas that might be relevant to achieving mission objectives in the state.
- Collaborate with the program implementation team to identify best practices.
- Conduct periodic knowledge sharing sessions with government officials and other WASH players.
- Document the outcomes/ impact of our intervention, highlighting the practices that could be replicated in other states.
- Conduct project closure activities and handover documentation and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
Team Building & Partnership
- Manage and mentor a team of TSU managers to ensure effective project delivery.
- Formulate partnerships with individuals/ organizations of strategic interest at the state level.