Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water
North Water Services; North Region; Water; Rockhampton
Operating from within Water Services, you will manage the delivery of effective and efficient project support functions to comply with the departmental frameworks, policies and priorities for the North Region Water Management business group.
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Workplace Location||Rockhampton region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/401503/22|
|Yearly salary||$65118 – $72267|
|Fortnightly salary||$2496.00 – $2770.00|
|Contact person||Scott Stevens|
|Contact details||Mobile: 0458 400 105|
Access the National Relay Service
Key Duties and Accountabilities
• Provide project support to the Water Management team including recommending business improvements, coordinating reporting on operations, finance and establishment and managing Ministerial and Executive Correspondence System (MECS).
• Undertake other emergent projects as requested by the Manager, Water Management.
• Provide project support to the greater Water business by assisting with corporate functions such as asset management, mailing, stationary ordering, fleet management, debt management etc.
• Provide advice to internal and external customers on the Water Act 2000, supporting regulations and policies, including face to face enquiries at the Customer Service Centre.
• Undertake approvals, assessments and make recommendations for water applications and dealings under the Water Act 2000, Water Regulation 2016 and other Acts relating to water dealings
• Operate independently and as part of a high functioning team to meet the objectives outlined in the department’s strategic plan and business plans.
• Ability to maintain personal integrity and transparency with others.
• Seeks clarification of work priorities and actively supports the contribution of others to achieve the business outcomes.
• Meet deadlines and resolve issues as part of a solutions focussed culture to achieve the department’s customer service standards.
• Ability and skills to operate a variety of software packages to ensure quality customer service is delivered and maintained.
• Identify areas for operational improvements and assist in implementing these improvements through revised policies and work procedures.
• Other duties as directed and required.
As an individual contributor in the role of Water Officer, the following competencies from the Leadership competencies for Queensland are most relevant to this role:
• Prioritises projects and tasks efficiently, in line with team commitments (Leads Strategically)
• Demonstrates flexibility to changing expectations by proactively adapting own approach to reflect new requirements (Leads Change in complex environments)
• Accepts decision making responsibility and demonstrates judgement about when to escalate issues (Makes insightful decisions)
• Actively participates in team development opportunities, such as lessons learned conversations (Develops and mobilises talent)
• Listens attentively and proactively seeks to understand others’ needs by asking questions and clarifying (Builds enduring relationships)
• Welcomes challenges in the delivery of work and demonstrates persistence in working through obstacles (Drives accountability and outcomes)
• Demonstrates personal responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of self and others (Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces)
• Actively seeks feedback and modifies approach to enhance own effectiveness (Pursues continuous growth)
• Upholds integrity through responsible management and use of processes and resources (Demonstrates sound governance)
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/401503/22
Closing Date: Friday, 28 January 2022
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.