About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. Swiss Re Corporate Solutions embraces a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
The Nat Cat Specialist role represents a senior position with the Corporate Solutions Global Nat Cat team, which itself is embedded in the Property and Specialty (P&S) Steering unit. The position is about to further strengthen the Asia-Pacific (APAC) regional natural catastrophe (Nat Cat) underwriting and steering and will report directly to the CorSo Head Nat Cat based in Zurich (Switzerland).
Close connection to the regional P&S underwriting teams will need to be maintained and data analytical capabilities require enhancement. This shall be executed in close collaboration with the APAC Portfolio owner, regional underwriting leaders as well as additional global functions.
About the Role
Key responsibilities include:
- Review Nat Cat exposure of our corporate client base as well as validation of adequately determined Nat Cat loss cost through individual deal reviews
- Training and support of the local underwriting community as well as close interactions with regional underwriters
- Monitoring and steering of our regional cat exposure involving General Property, complex Energy as well as other non-Property lines (e.g. Engineering or Aviation)
- Strong collaboration with the regional portfolio owner and cross-functional teamwork with Cat Perils & Cyber (R&D), Risk Engineering, Risk Management, CorSo Parametric as well as CorSo Tools/IT.
- Representation of Swiss Re’s market leading position in Nat Cat risk assessment internally as well as externally
- Ensure Asia-Pacific region is represented well within the Global Nat Cat community
- Support post-cat event analytics and processes within the region
- Contribution to portfolio steering activities and analytical developments
Are you experienced in Property Cat Underwriting ideally concerning large corporate risks, Nat Cat modeling and/or exposure management using Swiss Re internal or vendor models and tools (e. g. RMS, AIR, CoreLogic)? Do you have career aspirations in applying Nat Cat knowledge to maximize the profitability of the APAC underwriting portfolio? Are you keen to shape our analytics landscape and engage in a truly global environment?
About the Team
P&S Steering unit is the home of the CorSo Nat Cat team. It is in charge for driving portfolio management processes and supporting respective owners in the ambition to ensure robust UW portfolio. Property & Specialty includes Property, Energy, Aviation and Engineering within Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Bespoke Underwriting.
The P&S Steering unit is a distributed team with presence in Munich, Zurich, Bangalore and Colorado. The team also maintains direct collaboration with different functions in Swiss Re Corporate Solutions by acting as the key link to Underwriting, Finance, Claims and Actuarial (pricing and reserving).
- Relevant experience in Nat Cat Underwriting preferably in Single Risk (large corporate risk)
- Excellent knowledge in natural catastrophe models including their strengths and limitations e.g. Swiss Re’s proprietary models respectively RMS, AIR or Corelogic
- Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant Natural Science domain (Seismology, Climatology, Hydrology, Geography, etc) is a plus
- Expertise in Swiss Re’s cat rating landscape – including its costing and rating tools is an asset
- Experience in assessing natural perils on a global scale
- Strong analytical skills and an affinity to train/develop colleagues
- Very accurate, reliable and independent working attitude is a must
- Ready to cope with workload peaks, and still able to prioritize
- “Can-do spirit” and a great teammate
- Flexible, curious, open minded but able to take tough decisions and enforce them – always with a vital commercial mindset
- Eager to become a recognized specialist within CorSo underwriting community
- Good communication and strong leadership skills
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), preferably proficiency in SQL, Python and experience in Palantir Foundry
- Solid speaking and writing skills in English, other languages are an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reference Code: 109839