Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is recruiting for a local evaluator based in the India with experience in the water, energy, and food sectors to be part of the WE4F Evaluation Team. This opportunity is a short term technical assistance (STTA) consultant position and is contingent on USAID approval.
The project under evaluation: Water and Energy for Food: A Grand Challenge for Development (WE4F), is a multi-donor funded program that aims to increase the sustainability of agricultural food value chains and address environmental and climate resilience in developing countries and emerging markets by expanding the sustainable scale of small and growing enterprises (SGEs) that impact the sectors of food and water, food and energy, or all three sectors at the nexus (food, water, energy) – with a particular focus on the poor and women. WE4F innovators continue to scale innovations which are designed to support the program’s overall goal. The focus areas of innovations supported by WE4F:
- water and food: improving food productivity, food value chain sustainability, and climate change adaptation through the efficient use of water resources;
- energy and food: improving food productivity, food value chain sustainability, and climate change adaptation through the efficient use of energy resources and renewable energy;
- water, energy and food: improving both water and energy efficiency including the use of renewable energy along the food value chain to improve food productivity, food value chain sustainability, and climate change adaptation
The purpose of the WE4F mid-term review and final program evaluation is to look at the performance of the WE4F funded and/or supported innovations and to determine whether or not the WE4F program as a whole led to improved food production, food value chain sustainability, and climate adaptation through the use of water and/or energy efficient innovations as well as the impact of these changes on dimensions of gender, poverty, and the environment.
The local evaluator will be paired with a member of the senior WE4F Evaluation consultant team (either the WE4F Evaluation lead consultant or one of the two senior consultants). The senior team member will virtually guide and support the local evaluator as s/he conducts interviews with Innovators, end users and other stakeholders in region. S/he will be responsible for conducting the data collection tasks, submitting data collection updates, interview notes, data, and feedback on the surveys to his/her point of contact throughout the evaluation phases. Data collection includes key informant interviews (KIIs) for Regional Innovation Hub, innovators, end-users, and local stakeholders. In addition, to conducting the surveys and interviews, s/he will need to organize the scheduling, travel planning, note taking and as necessary data cleaning. The home office project management unit will support him/her with the schedule and travel logistics.
It is important that the local evaluator is able to conduct the data collection independently with virtual/online support from the lead and senior consultants. Estimated 10 level of effort days are allocated for data collection. Any travel that will be needed for this assignment will follow pandemic restrictions.
Data collection and analysis (January-August 2022)
- 10 years of experience in partnerships in the water and/or agriculture sector in the international development context preferred.
- Diverse international experience in the successful data collection and analysis on evaluations and assessments.
- Experience with gender equality/women’s economic empowerment and poverty reduction.
- University degree in political science, social science, or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Experience evaluating Grand Challenge innovation programs is highly desirable.
- In-country experience in the water and/or agriculture sector is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of USAID Evaluation Policy and evaluation reporting requirements.
- Strong understanding of data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience conducting interviews and surveys (virtually and in person).
- Experience with logistics, including scheduling meetings and interviews.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English required.
- Ability to work in India and fluency in local language required.
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
If you are hired for a position that is paid from the Dexis home office, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation due to a valid religious or medical reason preventing you from being vaccinated.