We are currently seeking a Climate Policy Analyst for our international and diverse Climate Policy Team. The team is engaged in a variety of projects, with interest in energy system transformations, fossil fuels phase out, evaluation of national climate action, and analyses of the socio-economic co-benefits of climate change mitigation measures.
You will work across several projects, with a focus on assessing national and sectoral climate change targets, policies and action.
- You contribute to various projects, (including the Climate Action Tracker, Climate Transparency Report, 1.5 National Pathways Explorer projects), by analysing policy developments and GHG emissions trajectory of countries.
- You will undertake independent structured research and review of climate policy literature – both economy-wide and sectoral.
- You will collect and analyse energy and emissions data, including emissions inventories and projections, mitigation strategies, technology and demand changes, with a focus on sectoral transformations and their contribution to climate mitigation.
- You will deliver policy-relevant analyses and research by writing of reports, work papers, briefings and other information material.
- You contribute to the outreach associated with policy analyses, including media interviews and written outputs such as blogs.
- You prepare and participate in partner meetings, workshops and other events as needed (which may incl. travel within Germany and abroad).
- You coordinate projects with relevant stakeholders and project partners– both internally and externally.
- You support the timely delivery of policy analyses generally, as well as providing support to other Climate Policy Team projects, as required.
- You support the development and acquisition of new projects.
You will ideally have the following qualifications and skills:
- A graduate degree in environmental or climate related fields of study such as environmental management, social sciences, law or economics or a related field
- Three years of working experience in climate or energy policy related fields
- Knowledge and understanding of key aspects of climate change and energy policy at international and national levels. Knowledge and/or experience in Latin American climate and energy policy is desirable, but not necessary
- Familiarity with national GHG emissions inventories and sectoral energy trends is desirable
- Analytical skills and the ability to work with quantitative data (e.g. emissions data)
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills are a requirement; understanding of Spanish is a plus
- Experience in project management and coordination
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, and motivated self-starter
- Interest in and proven ability to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary and international team
- Willingness and ability to travel
- A job with purpose. With us you will work in a team of highly engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change.
- We are a diverse and inclusive team and welcome your application regardless of your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect that makes you unique.
- You will get to know the entire organization and be more than just a cog in the wheel.
- We are working in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere with an international team. Our Berlin office is located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a dynamic startup scene.
- Currently most of our staff is working from home due to covid-19 restrictions and we will continue offering flexible work arrangements in the future.
- For the time being, we offer a contract limited to one year. There is a prospect of extension and we are interested in long-term cooperation.
- We will pay your public transport ticket for Berlin and offer a company pension plan.
Application Deadline: 27 January 2022
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Berlin, Germany
Terms: We are looking for a long-term collaboration. Currently we can offer a fixed term contract for 1 year, with the perspective of extension based on performance and funding.
Requirements: Ideally EU-Citizen or existing work permit for Germany
For further information send your questions via email to [email protected].
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three references in PDF format exclusively using the application form by 27 January 2022.
Please indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.