Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totalling around 7,200 billion kroner (875 billion dollars). Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 500 people of more than 30 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Head of Sustainability Initiatives
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results oriented professional for the position of Head of Sustainability Initiatives, part of the Ownership Strategies department within our Equity Strategies area. Sustainability Initiatives is responsible for activities related to environmental and social issues. These include our long-standing initiatives within climate change, water management, and children’s rights.
The position is located in Oslo or London and will report to the Global Head of Ownership Strategies. Travel will be required.
- Contributing to developing Norges Bank Investment Managements’ responsible investment strategy
- Developing and managing activites related to environmental and social issues
- Making sure our sustainability initiatives are aligned with our principles, expectations and positions
- Developing and managing contact with relevant external parties, such as other investors, regulators, standard setters, academic institutions, and NGOs.
- Collaborating with Norges Bank Investment Managements’ investment departments and senior management
- Managing and developing a team of highly competent professionals
- Contributing to a hardworking, high-performing team with a focus on results
- Master’s degree with strong academic records
- Minimum 8-10 years’ relevant experience from sustainable and responsible investments, ESG, international business or academia
- Experience of organising and ensuring long-term collaboration with external stakeholders
- Proven track record of achieving sustainable results and developing and managing high-performing teams
- Ambition to excel
- High level of integrity
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. NBIM has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Mads Barås Bye, +47 951 94 677. Please register an online application via the career portal on www.nbim.no .
Deadline for application is 12 September 2016 23:00 CET