We are a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
Our Global Design Centre in India is engaged in Mott MacDonald projects around the world. We provide technical design services including Civil, Structural, MEP, Architecture, Highways, Water and Utilities infrastructure across a broad range of sectors and geographic locations.
This is an excellent career opportunity where you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of significant international projects
This is an excellent career opportunity where you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of significant projects.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of project team leadership in water & wastewater infrastructure projects, possessing a sound technical background.
You will be expected to combine managerial leadership and technical responsibilities, promote a collaborative approach & inspire the team to deliver projects to quality, budget and timescales.
In this role you will:
Lead the Water sector design team providing technical expertise and guidance to all staff.
Liaise with project leads in Mott MacDonald offices around the world.
Provide project management and team leadership for the preparation of concept, scheme, and detailed design calculations and drawings for water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
Drive the development and improvement of civil engineering design processes and procedures to ensure design quality, consistency and repeatability
Be accountable for the timely production and delivery of reliable design solutions, reports, specifications and drawings
Ensure all design work is carried out in accordance with Company’s quality standard procedures
Provide effective task and resource management and monitor against agreed scope, programme and budget
Prepare and manage work programmes and resource utilisation
Actively share knowledge and assist in the mentoring and technical development of junior engineers and technicians
Lead or support bid preparation.
- Degree qualified in civil engineering
- Experience working in an international design consultancy
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in engineering design, in roles of increasing responsibility and project complexity.
- Extensive knowledge of Water and Waste Water treatment processes
- Full understanding of civil engineering conceptual design
and civil detailed design.
- Demonstrable record of successfully designing and delivering water and waste water infrastructure projects
- Proven experience in managing & leading project teams
- Demonstrable experience of planning and monitoring project programmes, costs and resources ensuring delivery to time and budget
- Excellent knowledge of current international codes and regulations
- Previous experience in preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions
- IT and standard industry software skills, including knowledge of BIM
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally in English with all levels of staff and clients (written and verbal)