I am recruiting one PhD student to join my group in the Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) Department at Florida A&M University (FAMU)—Florida State University (FSU) College of Engineering as a graduate research assistant beginning Spring 2022. The student will receive stipend, full tuition waive and benefits.
REQUIRED/DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· A degree in engineering (civil, agricultural, water resources or environmental), sciences (environmental, earth or computer) or any closely related field
· Understanding of hydro-biogeochemical processes in coupled inland-estuary systems
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Computer programming (R, MATLAB or Python), data management, watershed modeling, Machine Learning techniques, water quality modeling, time series analyses and geospatial analyses (e.g., GIS)
· Independency, communication, presentation (oral and written), fast learning and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and with a group of stakeholders
Highly motivated applicants should contact Dr. Ebrahim Ahmadisharaf ([email protected]) with their CV, unofficial transcripts, copy of English test scores (for non-English speaking applicants) and a brief statement describing how their interests connect to this research project. See the attachment for details.