It’s hard to believe that today over 650 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and 2.3 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every two minutes.
WaterAid is looking for a Programme Officer for Urban Sanitation to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the Quality Programme team in the Programme Support Unit, the Programme Officer for Urban Sanitation will:
- Support country programmes to improve the design, development and implementation of projects.
- Provide direct input into the development of key organisational guidance and standards documents.
- Support and participate in the roll-out processes of new frameworks, policies and guidelines.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- A graduate degree in a relevant subject (such as development studies, health, engineering or social sciences) and significant international field experience.
- Experience of working in the water and sanitation sector in the developing world, and sound knowledge of relevant issues and approaches, preferably in urban and small town settings.
- Experience of managing projects to a set budget and timescale.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, such as an exceptional pension fund, medical cash plans, an employee assistance programme, generous annual leave and Save As You Learn schemes, as well as fitness and lifestyle programmes.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.