The WASH Project Manager will directly manage the implementation of a comprehensive Emergency & Resilience WASH projects in Baidoa (Bay region) and Dollow (Gedo region) in Somalia, in line with the program objectives, budget and timeframe. The incumbent shall anticipate, plan, initiate and share in the development of WASH proposals, manage and train WASH Staff & ensure close coordination with other actors in the region.
A highly motivated individual with significant background on WASH, Emergency & Resilience programming, experience working with communities and local administration particularly in South central Somalia. The person will directly report to the Regional Coordinator in Nairobi.
· Implementation of emergency & resilience WASH projects in Baidoa and Dollow regions including water supply rehabilitation and detailed hygiene and sanitation promotion activities.
· Ensure sectoral integration, learning, sharing and adoption of best practices as outlined in Sphere and other WASH nationally and internationally adopted working principles
· Lead WASH team in surveys, assessments, make designs, BoQs and supervise constructions of WASH infrastructure
· Active supervision of project staff with frequent visits to the field and participation in resilience & emergency programmatic activities
· Effective and regular coordination with local actors, authorities and communities in the two regions
· Regular internal and external reporting
· Degree qualification in a technical field, preferably in water and sanitation BSc in Water, Hydrology, Environmental Engineering. Post-graduate qualification in emergency relief or development is an added advantage.
· Demonstrated technical and logistical understanding of water related constructions and hygiene and sanitation promotion
- Significant experience in the INGO working environment in emergency & resilience programming
- Excellent administrative and communication skills, highly organized, reliable and responsible person
- Proven team leading and managerial experience
- Knowledge of Somali language and clear understanding of the region of operation is an added advantage;
Send 1 page letter of expression of interest and updated CV by the Closing date: 15thSeptember2016 to the following address:
THE HUMAN RESOURCE
COOPERAZIONE INTWRNAZIONALE (COOPI)