At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 45,000 talented people in more than 550 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
We are currently searching for a Hydrogeologist with field experience to join our preeminent Melbourne based water resources team and provide technical capability on several large transport, resources, environmental and geotechnical projects.
- Hold a relevant degree in engineering or science, with a focus in geology or hydrogeology (postgraduate work in hydrogeology or a related field would be an advantage)
- Have between 1-3 years professional experience
- Experience conducting scientific field investigations and assessment works including; groundwater and surface water sampling, drilling and groundwater well installation supervision, aquifer testing (i.e. slug testing, pump testing etc.), and experience working around heavy machinery
- Experience (and /or ability to) undertaking remote and or extended field investigations Australia wide.
- Exhibit good problem solving skills, and ability to adapt to the dynamic conditions encountered when undertaking scientific investigations under real world conditions.
- Possess a personal commitment to safe work principals, and take pride in delivering the highest quality work.
- An understanding of groundwater chemistry principals.
- An understanding of statistical concepts and their application in hydrogeological investigations and assessment.
- Understanding of Victorian groundwater regulations and framework would be an advantage.
- Display excellent attention to detail, with experience; collecting, recording, processing and reporting field data.
- Competency with industry software packages such as EsDat (or EQuIS), Aqtesolv, Surfer, Grapher, and or an understanding of groundwater modelling software packages would be an advantage.
- A drive to work in a team to deliver a diverse range of interesting and potentially challenging hydrogeological investigations.
- Hold a full Australian driver licence
Benefits at WSP
At WSP we make extraordinary efforts to attract, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Modern and contemporary offices
- Parental Leave & Purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Wellness at Work & Social Club
- Employee Reward & Recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.