Scientific Coordinator of the Energy Division of the Energy, Environment and Water Research Center (EEWRC)
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations and cross-disciplinary research and post-graduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The Energy Division of CyI invites applications for a Scientific Coordinator who will take responsibility for coordinating and supporting the initiation and implementation of a range of research projects. This includes not only administrative matters, but also engagement in the strategic development of the project portfolio and the research agenda of the research unit. The successful candidate is expected to drive project implementation and communication with partners with minimal guidance.
The appointment will be on a full-time basis, initially for a fixed-term period of two years, with the potential of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds.
- Oversight of research projects (various funding sources including EU and Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation (RPF))
- Project administration/coordination (financial reporting, deliverables, communication with funding organisations)
- Participation in the planning and coordination of the Center’s activities
- Identification of funding opportunities
- Aiding in the development and writing of project proposals
- A Post-graduate degree in a scientific or technical field or a BSc or equivalent degree in a scientific or technical field and a Post-graduate degree in management
- Excellent knowledge of project management software and office IT tools
- Experience in presenting to medium and large audiences
- Proactive, creative, independently-thinking person with keen interest for promoting science and technology
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both verbal and in writing.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to a multicultural, multinational environment
- A project management qualification would be an advantage
- Experience of writing proposals for the H2020 research funding programme would be an advantage
- Experience of managing EU-funded research projects would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Greek language would be a major advantage
- Previous experience in a research/academic institution