|Position Title||Water System Development Director|
|Reporting To||Chief Operations Officer|
PUMP LLC is a construction company with the primary focus on groundwater extraction, we pride ourselves on providing a start to finish service.
About the Role:
The operations Director is an executive role that will help Amazi Water lead our Burundi operations to bring clean drinking water to all Burundians and develop our water coverage strategy through effective oversight of our water projects nationwide.
- Ensure all projects achieve desired outcomes in line with Amazi Water’s strategic priorities and project plans.
- Oversee quality and effectiveness of project activities as per the design and guidelines in full compliance with organizational policies and Burundian Laws.
- Coordinate and manage core operational activities, primarily in the field.
- Lead and/or support WASH lifecycle from identification of location, drilling of borehole, community assessment and WASH training, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, data collection and management.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including the board and regional partners.
- Promote effective ways of working to maximize outputs of both our teams and sub-contracted teams at all stages.
- Ensure planning and budgeting process is aligned and operating smoothly.
- Provide innovative and technical support for effective implementation of key projects.
- Coordinate all fields teams to enable smooth execution of operations and ensure safety and security of operational staff.
- Successfully identify and develop necessary training programs for our training school.
- Lead a team of up to 10 direct reports to execute the objectives of the role Teams include drilling, pumping test and casting, M&E, electrical, maintenance and other related teams.
- Conduct field monitoring visits to the relevant projects and facilitation of visiting delegations/donors/government bodies.
- Creation, training and management of standards and systems to be used in the construction of water systems,
- Preventative maintenance standards and processes for vehicles and equipment,
- Logistics flow of materials and human resources in the field,
- Field reporting and data management systems,
- May be assigned the role of a Project Manager, Project Coordinator, and/or Lead Engineer on projects,
- Project design,
- Collaborate with various departments for organizational effectiveness,
- Inventory and warehouse optimization,
- Other duties as may arise from time to time and as may be assigned to the employee.
Requirements for this position:
Educational level required:
- Master’s degree in engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in cross-cultural/international roles
- 3+ years’ experience in similar sector at a senior level
- Experienced in managing multiple complex projects
- Excellent attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Excellent and advanced critical conceptual or decision-making skills
the following qualities:
- A love for Burundi
- A love for Jesus Christ
- Professional fluency of English
- Proficiency in French & Kirundi is a plus
- Proficiency with email, Excel & Word
- Ability with community development and social work
- Ability with communicating with government offices and partners
- Understanding of the need and benefit of clean water
Submission of Application:
Eligible candidates are kindly requested to submit acompleted PUMP LLC application by Friday, January 7th ,2021.
We may close the application early if we receive sufficient applications before the closing date.
Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted. Eligible candidate’s applications will be kept for 12 months.