Communication Specialist (IWRM Programme)
NIRAS has been shortlisted for the KfW supported Provision of Consultancy Services for the implementation of the Lake Victoria Basin Integrated Water Resources Management Programme - Lot 1: IWRM Program Consultant.
The main objective of the IWRM Programme Consultancy is to support and build the capacity of Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) on the management of the LVB-IWRM Programme and ensure its implementation as planned. Furthermore, the IWRM Programme Consultant (IPC) shall develop and implement an IWRM database, an IWRM model, and shall support the development of a regional, approved IWRM project pipeline.
Scope of services of the Communication Specialist include:
- Develop required communication and visibility plans as required by the EU
- Coordinate with the information officers and the EU delegation present in the EAC partner states
- Support the Programme Management Advisor in project site visits
- Oversee the implementation of the communication activities developed during the planning stage
- Manage and update the LVB-IWRMP website
- Develop additional communication paths in order to inform potential project proponents about funding potentials through LVB-IWRMP. Undertake project finding and promotion missions, particularly to those hot spots of the Lake Victoria Basin
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- Bachelor's or MSc degree in social science, communications, political science, or relevant field)
- Experience implementing water projects with NIRAS is highly preferred
Professional experience required
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of professional experience in designing communication strategies for EU projects
- At least 2 - 3 relevant experiences on working a similar project in the water and sanitation projects in a sub-Saharan African country
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in project planning and implementation in Sub-Saharan African countries
- 2 - 5 years experience implementing projects in sub-Saharan African countries
To be determined
Deadline For Applications