Team Leader (Programme Management Advisor, IWRM Programme))
NIRAS has been shortlisted for the KfW supported Provision of Consultancy Services for the implementation of the Lake Victoria Basin Integrated Water Resources Management (LVBC-IWRM) Programme - Lot 1: IWRM Program Consultant.
The main objective of the IWRM Programme Consultancy is to support and build the capacity of Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) on the management of the LVB-IWRM Programme and ensure its implementation as planned. Furthermore, the IWRM Programme Consultant (IPC) shall develop and implement an IWRM database, an IWRM model, and shall support the development of a regional, approved IWRM project pipeline.
Tasks under the Programme Management Advisor include:
Overall Programme Management over the lifetime of the LVB-IWRMP
- Build up the IWRM Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) finction and design, coordinate, and establish all required business processes
- Coordination of web based video meetings with the stakeholders
- Preparation of all the finalized reports and minutes of the meetings/ workshops
- Design and coordinate terms for the Regional Policy Steering Committee (RPSC) meetings
- Provide support to LVBC in identification of additional projects and develop the project pipeline to into a regional priority investment plan to encourage potential development partners
- Design/Develop a decision support system for its eligibility and suitability for a possible expansion of LVB-IWRMP
- Support PCU during site visits in evaluating, collating, and preparing suitable reports for the identified possible project
- Develop a technical and financial proposal for the feasibility study
- Provide support and coordination to the preparation of the feasibility study
- Provide support in the assessment of the investment proposals based on the feasibility studies submitted
Assist in the Procurement Process:
- Assist in the developing a procurement plan for consulting services using KfW guidelines
- Monitor projects and formulate project progress reports
- Develop a monitoring system Information that will be used for regualr reporting to RPSC and KfW
This is a full-time long-term position in the field of programme/fund/investment project management for IWRM, based at LVBC in Kisumu, Kenya.
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- MSc or PhD in a relevant field preferably Water Engineer, Environmental Engineer, Hydrologist, or Mechanical Engineer
Professional experience required
- 10 - 15 years of professional experience
- At least two previous experiences as a Team Leader in a similar project
- Experience with international donor financed projects, preferably EU and/ or KfW within developing countries
- Background in implementing water supply and sanitation projects highly preferred
- 5 - 7 years experience implementing projects in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 3 - 5 years professional experience with NIRAS highly preferred
- Previous experience of working with LVBC is considered an asset
- Experience with fund management is an asset
Deadline For Applications