Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Expert (IWRM Programme Consultancy)
NIRAS has been shortlisted for the KfW supported Provision of Consultancy Services for the implementation of the Lake Victoria Basin Integrated Water Resources Management (LVBC-IWRM) Programme - Lot 1: IWRM Program Consultant.
The main objective of the IWRM Programme Consultancy is to support and build the capacity of Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) on the management of the LVB-IWRM Programme and ensure its implementation as planned. Furthermore, the IWRM Programme Consultant (IPC) shall develop and implement an IWRM database, an IWRM model, and shall support the development of a regional, approved IWRM project pipeline.
The Scope of Work includes:
- Formulation of an Environment and Social Impact Assessment on the selected additional investment projects in the LVB
- Work with the Programme Management Advisor and IWRM Advisor in verifying investment projects during site visits to conduct environment and social impact assessments
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- PhD or MSc in Environmental Management, Social Development, Sociology, or relevant field
Professional experience required
- At least 10 - 15 years minimum professional experience required
- 2 - 5 years professional experience in sub-Saharan African Countries
- Must have at least 3 previous engagements implementing Environmental and Social Impact Assessments in sub-Saharan Africa (5 previous engagements for developing countries not including sub-Saharan African Countries)
Deadline For Applications