Programme Manager for Continuous pollution monitoring
The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi. CSE researches into, lobbies for and communicates the urgency of development that is both sustainable and equitable.
The advertised position is expected to work closely with central and state environmental regulators, industries and stakeholders to develop and promote real time pollution monitoring systems/ continuous emission, effluent and ambient air quality monitoring system in India. It involves high quality primary and secondary research, due-diligence, report writing, advocacy and trainings for capacity building of Indian regulators.
Duties and responsibilities
- Primary and secondary research and analysis on CEMS, CEQMS, CAAQMS, pollution control, monitoring and reporting technology, regulations, best practices etc.
- Writing high quality reports/papers/company profiles.
- Field and industrial visits, pollution monitoring (30% of time)
- Close interaction with stakeholders- industry, device maker, service providers and regulators.
- Training and advocacy through meetings/workshops/conferences in India and overseas.
- Experience in Industrial pollution monitoring technology and process, Analytical Instrumentation, experience of air pollution monitoring and effluent analysis.
- Thorough understanding of pollution monitoring and reporting system and technologies (like CEMS, CEQMS, data acquisition system, calibration system) in India and industrialised countries.
- Understanding of environmental rules and regulations, industrial operations, compliance and new developments in the area of professional discipline.
- Published technical reports/papers as author/co-author/contributor.
The candidate should at least have a BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech/ M.Sc/ MS or equivalent degree in engineering, environment engineering or environmental science or relevant field with a minimum of 6 years of work experience.
Salary and Compensation is best in the sector commensurable to the position. Wide exposure to Indian industries, Indian environmental regulation platforms, media, Government bodies, research institutions, and civil societies. National and International travel. Opportunity to write and publish articles/columns in CSE publications. Encouraged for professional and personal development.
Please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and submit your application for ‘PM - CEMS’ latest by December 30th, 2018.
N.B: Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.