Hygiene Promotion Specialist
General description of the position
Under the responsibility of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (Wash) Coordinator and the Wash Head of Department, you will be in charge of the hygiene promotion and capacity building in the camps and host community. You will plan, organize and implement Hygiene Promotion activities and ensure effective and quality implementation in liaison with the sector, partners and line manager, through a strengthened community governance and engagement approaches.
More precisely the main missions will be:
- Set and define hygiene promotion strategy and goals with clear specific and deliverable objectives
- Plan, manage and coordinate hygiene promotion participatory meetings, workshops, trainings, distributions, take active role in HyP technical working group and ensure active involvement and collaboration with other agencies/sector
- Capacity building of staff (PMs/DPMs) by developing thematic HYP guidelines, working plans, systematic log frames, participatory approaches and methodologies and timely reporting
- Take lead in rolling out Community Engagements, work closely with Wash engineers in mainstreaming ownership, responsive and sustained hygiene promotion in project implementation
- Proactively support ACFs commitments to gender equality, child protection and disability sensitivity
Do you fit the requested profile ?
You hold a Master Degree in Public Health Promotions with a solid experience (at least 3 years) in PHP programming in Developing and humanitarian emergency contexts.
You have a good influence and good understanding of community engagement dynamics in hygiene promotion approaches. Training on nutrition, health and food security and livelihood and knowledge on gender aspects are a plus. Recognized for your good sense of organization, your rigor and your precision you are also an expert in team management. You are also diplomatic and flexible. Excellent English writing and communication skills required.
Specific conditions / Salary
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1600 to €1975 depending on relevant experience
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
The mission in Bangladesh has grown tremendously over the past year hence adapting its systems to accommodate this growth and camps operation complexity. Currently wa have a team of over 245 incentive staff and 57 national staff working in the WASH department. With increase in adoption various emerging Hygiene Promotion models and approaches from the sector, and with an increased population coverage.