Manager Corporate Responsibility (Water Stewardship)
About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Manager Corporate Responsibility who will work in the CR team at our PVH Europe office in Amsterdam, primarily responsible for our Water Stewardship and Packaging programs at PVH Europe and Tommy Hilfiger Global, reporting to the Director of Corporate Responsibility.
Responsible for execution on water strategy and water stewardship program for Tommy Hilfiger Global:
- Oversee and align all water related initiatives for Tommy Hilfiger Global (and PVH Europe)
- Manage collaboration with partner organizations, such as WWF
- Ensure activities satisfy the commitments to CEO Water Mandate and other key partnerships and support reporting into these initiatives
- Manage and further develop/expand water stewardship programs in Asia, including supplier engagement, in collaboration with/supported by relevant regional internal and external teams
- Align and support on water and chemicals related product innovation programs for PVH Europe, in collaboration with the business divisions and innovation team, amongst which the Tommy Hilfiger Low Impact Denim program.
Responsible for executing packaging improvement initiatives for PVH Europe in collaboration with the applicable internal business stakeholders.
- Reduction of product poly bags
- Reduction of carton weight for shipment boxes and Ecommerce packaging.
- Investigate and implement more sustainable packaging solutions.
Business partner in supporting the organization to effectuate sustainable improvement.
Drive the progress of any additional assigned CR programs in accordance with the CR strategy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of water in the textile supply chain or related industry or related sustainability experience
- Ambitious and results oriented
- Good project management skills
- Flexible and able to work in a hectic environment
- Organizational sensitivity and excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills and strategic insight
- Ability to initiate and invent new ways of doing things
- Able to drive initiatives independently
- Strong team player
- Passion for sustainability
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Environmental Science, or equivalent
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- At least eight years of working experience of which five in CR or related relevant work field, preferably in a large scale corporation.
- Consultancy experience preferred.
- Understanding of and experience in the fashion/textile supply chain