International consultant flood resilience in urban areas
Royal HaskoningDHV is a global leader in providing solutions to the world's challenges living with water. Water introduces both opportunities and risks to communities and nature worldwide as urban populations grow, the climate changes and resources become increasingly scarce. Our technical expertise is applied at all project stages, from strategy, planning, policy and funding advice, through analysis and assessment, to design, construction management and operation and maintenance of assets.
The Advisory Group Water Management focus is living with water and deliver added value to our customers. In this way we contribute to a sustainable living environment. As a group we have a broad knowledge base that we constantly develop and innovate. Therefore we have a leading position in the Dutch market. We approach the water system in an integral way: Floods are related to Droughts, the Water System is related to the Water Chain. We innovate and develop digital solutions for our clients; Blue Label and our Flood Forecasting system (FLASH) are examples we are proud of. We have the ambition to make the world more resilient to climate change with our proposition on Flood Resilience in Urban Areas (FRUA).
More specifically we are involved in the field of urban water, flood resilience and forecasting, design and planning of urban areas, airports and infrastructure, hydrological and hydraulic assessments and climate adaptation. The Advisory Group Water Management consists of 100 enthusiastic professionals (hydrologists, project managers, modelling specialists and consultants). We have international team members in our Dutch offices in Amersfoort and Nijmegen who are involved in flood resilience and integrated water resources management projects worldwide and the team is well connected to our other offices abroad.
We are looking for you if you are eager to join an enthusiastic team within a professional organization, working together to provide society with innovative digital solutions for todays and tomorrows challenges in water management, such as climate change related disasters and flood resilient developments. You will work in international project-teams on challenging and complex issues in different project phases, teams and circumstances. You have the attitude to find a balance between focus on efficiency and to search for innovative and sustainable solutions. You are eager to contribute based on your technical knowledge and your passion and drive to find these sustainable solutions.
- Around > 10 years of relevant international work experience as well as projects in the Netherlands;
- Education: Master of Science (MSc) in Civil Engineering/Water Management/Hydrology or related;
- Proven working experience in pluvial flooding and modelling / Water management / Flood Early Warning and data management, with international project references;
- Proven experience in multidisciplinary International projects: consultancy, project management, winning of proposals;
- Strong reporting and communication skills, at least in English and Dutch.
- Well able to inspire and lead younger professional colleagues;
- Good sense for business development and demonstrated capabilities to develop a strong external network and contacts Internationally;
- Commercially sensitive and focused on optimizing business results;
- Collaborative approach and enthusiasm in working together with colleagues and clients abroad. Cultural sensitive.
- Stress resilient and flexible, willing to travel abroad regularly (short term missions). Long term assignments are with mutual agreement.
At Royal HaskoningDHV we offer a great working atmosphere in which organizational and personal development take central stage. Our assessment and rewarding will always be based on your personal competences. We offer a wide array of personal development courses. Furthermore, you’ll receive an excellent package of flexible terms of employment. You will be based in the Nijmegen and/or Amersfoort office.
For more information you can contact Mr. Frans Jorna, Director Advisory Group, on (+31) 6 46241987.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated!!