Senior Manager & BC Market Leader (Climate Change & Sustainability Services (CCaSS))
EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Senior Manager & BC Market Leader in our Climate Change & Sustainability Services (CCaSS) practice. Working directly with our other Canadian Climate Change & Sustainability Services Market leaders, this individual will take a lead role in developing our CCaSS practice in BC and Canada, requiring extensive sustainability subject matter knowledge, people leadership capabilities and consulting and business development experience within a large firm environment.
As climate change and sustainability rise on the agendas of governments and organizations around the world, business leaders are increasingly seeking external advice on how to address these key issues. As one of our climate change and sustainability professionals, you'll work as part of a multidisciplinary, global team that provides recommendations on how to manage these areas effectively and responsibly. This will include helping clients understand business or regulatory threats and opportunities, exploring and executing commercial transactions, monitoring performance and assuring public disclosures on progress. Through these services, you'll help clients balance risks, take advantage of opportunities and achieve their potential in a transformed world. In return for helping us deliver these services, you'll receive the support and opportunities you need to succeed professionally and personally. At EY, we're committed to helping you achieve your potential.
Our Climate Change and Sustainability Services include advisory and assurance services related to sustainability strategy; climate change; environment, health and safety management (including systems and data management); impact measurement and analysis; and, non-financial reporting (the CCaSS Services).
- Lead and be accountable for a team of sustainability professionals to drive growth of our BC portfolio of CCaSS services with an emphasis on strategic advisory services. Be curious and take responsibility for uncovering new ways to leverage EY’s global CCaSS network and suite of services in the BC market and drive new revenue opportunities.
- Represent the local practice on our national market leader team and work collaboratively with this group to support the rapid, profitable growth of our national CCaSS practice.
- Take operational responsibility and accountability for all local engagement teams in terms of quality project delivery and financial performance. Play a hands-on role in delivering our more complex and high-profile mandates.
- Be highly visible and engaged within the EY Vancouver office. Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners and senior managers across all of EY’s service lines to drive revenue opportunities. Achieve growth by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge and services.
- Have or be able to quickly develop a strong, local network of key sustainability and business decision makers.
- Support client relationships, business development, and account management leadership through the development of thought leadership, client and internal collateral, and training.
- Excel as a positive people leader and mentor for the local and national team. Conduct constructive performance reviews and support your team in defining and achieving their professional goals. Foster teamwork and lead by example.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and at least 7 years of related work experience
- A degree in business, sustainability, environmental science, engineering, and/or related academic major
- At least 5 years of team leadership and consulting experience in a major consulting or professional services firm; consideration will also be given to candidates who have equivalent business/industry experience in a leadership capacity.
- An existing network of sustainability and business leaders in BC is considered an asset
- Significant experience with one or more of our key CCaSS Services (advisory and assurance services related to sustainability strategy; climate change; environment, health and safety management (including systems and data management); impact measurement and analysis; and, non-financial reporting)
- A professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise with the C-Suite and sustainability officers at clients as well as EY leadership
- Exceptional project management and people leadership skills
- Ability to analyze complex or unusual issues in the context of client engagements and deliver insightful and pragmatic solutions
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience working and leading in a team-based environment
- Ability to take a pragmatic approach to issues that underpin client relationships, while demonstrating and living EY's values
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary