The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.
The Chair of Environmental Engineering and Ecology (eE+E, Prof. Stolpe) is looking for a research assistant to work on the research project "ViWat Planning", funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, from 1.3.2019.
"ViWat Planning" is concerned with the development of a methodology for the strategic, integrated, regional planning of water and land use resources in the Mekong Delta (Vietnam).
The tasks include:
- Conception and development of a GIS for a regional water and land resource management
- Development of GIS based planning maps
- Data acquisition on site
- Cooperation with stakeholders (German and Vietnamese partners)
- Presentation of research results at conferences and through publications
If the position is funded by third-party funds the employee has no teaching obligation.
The position is limited to the duration of the project (end of project: 31.10.2021). Remuneration is based on TV-L 12/13 (part-time, 30 hours/week).
Please send your application documents by Mail to email@example.com until 19.12.2018 (pdf document).
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
At Ruhr-Universität Bochum, we wish to promote careers of women in areas in which they have been underrepresented, and we would therefore like to encourage female candidates to send us their applications. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.
- University degree (Master's, Diplom) in Geosciences, Agricultural sciences or similiar
- Very good GIS knowledge (ArcGIS ESRI)
- Good knowledge in the field of land and water resources management
- Good knowledge of the development and administration of (geo) data bases
- Knowledge in the field of spatial decision support systems
- Very good knowledge of english (spoken and written)
- Structured and team-oriented, independent work
- Travel ability (tropics) and willingness to travel (Vietnam)
Institut / Einrichtung
Umwelttechnik+Ökologie im Bauwesen / Environmental Engineering+Ecology
Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
1.3.2019 - 31.10.2021
Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2018 - 23:59