Civil Engineer (IWRM Programme Consultancy)
NIRAS has been shortlisted for the KfW supported Provision of Consultancy Services for the implementation of the Lake Victoria Basin Integrated Water Resources Management (LVBC-IWRM) Programme - Lot 1: IWRM Program Consultant.
The main objective of the IWRM Programme Consultancy is to support and build the capacity of Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) on the management of the LVB-IWRM Programme and ensure its implementation as planned. Furthermore, the IWRM Programme Consultant (IPC) shall develop and implement an IWRM database, an IWRM model, and shall support the development of a regional, approved IWRM project pipeline.
The Scope of Work includes:
- Assist in procurement of engineering equipment
- Assist the Programme Management Advisor and IWRM Advisor in initial project site visits
- Provide technical assistance in the initial development of the Programme Operations Manual
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
- Degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Must be a licensed engineer
Professional experience required
- At least 10 - 15 years minimum professional experience required
- 2 - 5 years professional experience in sub-Saharan African Countries
- At least 3 - 5 previous similar experience in implementing in sub-Saharan African Countries
- Must have experience in foreign funded projects, particularly KfW and EU
Deadline For Applications