About the Water Funder Initiative
The Water Funder Initiative (WFI) helps water philanthropy develop better strategies, coordinates between foundations, and mobilizes new funding toward the field’s most important needs. A lean team with diverse expertise and a proven track record is executing the project, working closely with foundation representatives and other water experts. More information is available on our website: http://waterfunder.org/
The Program Assistant’s role is to provide administrative and operational support to help advance WFI towards its strategic goals. This position plays a vital role in team resource management, meeting planning, as well as the execution of high-level convenings. Note: This position is currently structured as a 50% time position.
The Program Assistant will work closely with WFI team members on:
- Meeting Scheduling & Support:
- Calendar management: Manage complex scheduling and preparation for internal WFI team meetings and in-town weeks (a regularly scheduled series of in-person WFI meetings), as well as external meetings with WFI partners (meetings with funders, working group meetings, etc.)
- Meeting support: Help develop and share materials (agendas, support documents, etc.) in advance of WFI meetings.
- External relationships: Develop productive staff-level relationships with WFI partners to help efficiently plan and execute meetings and events.
- Event Planning & Execution:
- Event planning: Coordinate logistics for high-level convenings, including the semi-annual Water Table meetings, with VIP speakers, experts, and foundation leaders.
- Event staffing: Support WFI staff in executing events, making sure logistics run smoothly and participants have required materials.
- Administrative Support
- Logistics: Assist with organizational administration and support, including making travel arrangements, booking meeting space, and taking notes/minutes during meetings.
Candidate Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with:
- An interest in making a difference in the world through impactful water philanthropy;
- Attention to detail;
- A client service and team player attitude;
- Experience in operations that are relevant to this position; and
- Experience working in philanthropy or environmental issues, and/or with high-level VIPs a plus.