empowHER India is seeking to hire a candidate as a WASH Consultant.
About empowHER India:
empowHER India (legal entity: SKS Chakshu Foundation) has been working in underdeveloped rural areas of Panvel since 1993. Since its inception, the organization has been working persistently to engineer positive and sustainable change to holistically provide women access to economic opportunities and social justice through Self-Help Groups (SHGs) so they lead a life of dignity and well-being through better health, hygiene, sanitation and education.
In 2014, we took up the initiative to make Panvel Taluka open defecation free through the sanitation intervention. As of 2018, we have constructed over 2000+ individual household toilets impacting lives of 10000+ people.
The main duties are as below but it is not limited to the following tasks:
• S/He will create a Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) advocacy tools (including games, activities, short skits etc.) and a WASH education toolkit for the community as well as the school in Hindi and Marathi.
• The consultant will create modules in Hindi and Marathi on PHAST (Participatory Hygiene and sanitation transformation)/C/SLTS (Community/School Led Total Sanitation)/community approaches to sanitation and hygiene/WASH through schools/WASH in schools and participatory hygiene education
• S/He will create an accountability framework for the community to trigger the community to analyze the problem, identify the problems around WASH and collectively propose local solutions leading to a sense of ownership.
• S/He will help create a Monitoring and Evaluation mechanism to keep the flow of information active for continual feedback on advocacy and measure the long-term impact
• This consultant will provide capacity building training using the modules created to empowHER India’s staff
• The consultant will pilot the sustainability program in rural villages along with empowHER India’s staff
• S/He will update the existing Community Mobilization Tool Kit and the participatory Hygiene Education toolkit based on the feedback and learning from the pilot conducted in villages and incorporate additional modules as required.
• S/He will create monitoring including end-user monitoring frameworks assess the effectiveness and impact of interventions.
This is a short-term contractual position for 6 months
All the content/modules/frameworks created by the consultant will belong to empowHER India
Salary with commensurate with experience and qualifications
Qualification and experience :
• Five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in the WASH sector with strong fieldwork experience.
• Verbal and written fluency in Hindi and Marathi is mandatory
• Experience in conducting capacity building trainings, creation of content on WASH and implementing projects on the sustainability of toilets.
Please email the following on with the subject line “WASH consultant”:
• CV and cover letter
• Samples of modules designed in the past