Senior Hydrogeologist (Resource Investigations)
Advancing your career will advance our community too.
Water is essential for our future. In each and every Water Corporation role, you’ll have the chance to develop a career, and help the community. With a diverse mix of roles, locations and opportunities across Western Australia, we seek people who want to make a change for the better. Fresh faces wanted.
About the role
We require an experienced Senior Hydrogeologist to provide technical expertise to support the efficient and effective delivery of water source, water quality and treated wastewater management asset investment planning to achieve required business outcomes. This role is based in our Leederville office and will be reporting to the Manager - Resource Investigations.
What the role will offer
- Provide hydrogeological expertise to the business relating to water source, water quality and treated wastewater management planning, investigation and operations, including techniques, standards and processes.
- Lead and support project teams to address complex water source, water quality and treated wastewater management problems and technical innovation as required.
- Research, document and communicate industry best practice approaches to water source, water quality and treated wastewater planning and operations.
Key skills and experience
- Degree level qualification in geology, hydrogeology or relevant equivalent discipline.
- Proven ability to prepare, review and present technical information to a range of audiences.
- Proven ability to build positive, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Significant experience in some or all of:
- Groundwater flow and solute modelling and the assessment of modelling uncertainty;
- Public water supply and wastewater management
- Managed aquifer recharge
- Water resource allocation planning and licencing
- Construction of production, recharge and monitoring wells
- Subsurface data management
If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role. Applications close on Wednesday 5th December 2018.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Through our Equity and Diversity Management Plan and People Strategy, Water Corporation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future. We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are recognised and valued.
We encourage applications supporting our key priority communities - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women and people with disability.
For people with disability, we are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment enabling full participation in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.